5th of June is Environment day and it was a good reason to watch the movie, discuss about environmental issues. We chose documentary film ‘’Home’’ directed by Yann Arthus-Bertrand. This film shows the diversity of life in the Earth and how humanity is threatening the ecological balance of the planet. There is a so nice aerial shot after what you can understand that life really beautiful, Earth is miracle with a lot of amazing secrets and places, but, unfortunately, humanity, doesn’t save it and from day to day imbalance is rising. The film shows that it’s not late to start saving our planet, even our small steps can help to keep what we have.
Here are a few small steps for our everyday life, which could help the environment:
- Turn off the tap when you brush your teeth.
- Turn off your computer when you are not using it.
- Turn down the thermostat or air conditioning at home.
- Don't buy bottled water.
- Use public transport whenever you can.
- Recycle everything you can.
- Don't buy products with excess packaging.
- Turn off the lights when you leave a room.
- Obey the speed limits when driving.
- Unplug appliances when not in use and change bulbs to iridescent lighting.
- Buy rechargeable batteries.